My daughter Remington was having her 5th birthday and I wanted to make it a special one. We chose together to throw an awesome carnival party, and boy did it turn out better than we could have imagined. Everyone was all smiles and had a blast. Here are the decorations, games and food from our incredibly successful party.
I absolutely love these carnival party ideas, now I want to throw a party of my own! I’m sure you’ll fall in love with these clever and cute ideas too! Check it out:
- Create the feeling of being in a circus tent by hanging strips of fabric or extra wide crepe paper from the ceiling, all connecting at a center point (like the light fixture in the middle of the room).
- Print out some clown mouth/nose cutouts and insert a straw through. When your guests take a sip, they’ll have clown faces on!
- Play carnival games like the ring toss, the dart-and-balloon game, and the milk bottle game. Award simple prizes to winners, or award tickets to be used in a raffle at the end of the party.
- Use colorful banners to decorate inside or out. Sew (or hot glue) your own for a personal, customized touch!
- It’s not a carnival without face painting, right? Get some face paints and recruit an artistic friend to help!
- Serve hot dogs, cotton candy, and popcorn—it would be sweet to use the old-fashioned white-and-red striped bags for the popcorn!