If you drive around town, you can find some very creative and funny front porch decorations. I was went to visit my brother’s family who just had a baby boy and was incredibly distracted on my drive home by some super cool porches. My girls felt like they were on a hunt as they helped me spot these greatly decorated front doors and porches.
The 1920’s were a time for partying, partying, and partying some more. So the Roaring 20’s naturally make for a great party theme. Just keep in mind, for a 20’s themed party, elegance, even extravagance, is the key.
- Invite your guests to dress up-flapper dresses and all!
- Color scheme: red and black with lots of glitz and glam.
- Use Broadway-style fonts for signs and banners.
- Decorate with long pearl necklaces, feather boa scarves and feather headbands-maybe even give some to your female guests to wear! To add a more male touch, add black bowler hats to your décor.
- Play 20s music during the party.
- Serve fancy food like shrimp cocktails and champagne or sparkling cider. Add some prohibition era feel with a few cheap cigars (dynavap m for those who prefer vaping).